Monday, May 31, 2010

Wesak Day 2010

I was rather late for the float procession and wasn't expecting it to start so early. Well, the night has just began to get dark and i thought normally processions would not start till its really pitch dark in the night; apparently i was wrong. Ah well, i do managed to get some photos of the event anyway.

The procession was on Saturday, the day after Wesak Day. There were at least 10 different float cars all lined up along the roads and the road traffic has to be controlled. A big crowd would be following the float procession for symbolic and religious purposes such as good luck or purification. So here's what i managed to snap.

some float car right at the back of the procession line



each float car represent diff. buddhist temple i think


the sea of crowd


monks sprinkling holy water, lucky me, not for my camera though...


ah, the well lighted procession car... what a beautiful sight

the sleeping Buddha


Well, that's all that I've managed to snap. It rained halfway through the procession but i did not stay long enough to find out; I've only heard from some of my friends later. I wonder what happened to the crowd though...

No comments:

Post a Comment